With a COVID-19 case now identified in the Northern Rivers, it is timely for general practices to review their COVID-19 patient care and practice management.
HealthPathways offers a number of comprehensive pathways to support general practice:
- COVID-19 Practice Management
- COVID-19 Initial assessment and management
- COVID-19 Ongoing Assessment and Management
- COVID-19 Referrals
- COVID-19 MBS Items
- COVID-19 Telehealth
It is also a good time to:
- Review the National COVID-19 clinical evidence taskforce management of Adults with Mild COVID-19 flowchart.
- Review the RACGP home-care guidelines for adult patients with mild COVID-19.
- Review the Increase staff and patient safety during COVID-19 QI activity and attached PDSAs.
- Discuss an alert system with owner/principal of steps to increase staff and patient safety in the event of a local outbreak, i.e. what would trigger an escalation in preventive infection control practice in reception?
Please note: a GP Response Framework for the management of adults with mild illness is in development. The framework has been developed with the input of North Coast GPs and the Public Health Unit and will be operationalised only in the event of significant widespread community transmission.