Wauchope Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab Centre is seeking a full-time Physiotherapist to join their team of experienced physiotherapists and allied health professionals.
Enjoy working with a great team in a magnificent facility, purpose-built to a standard normally only seen in the capital cities, with a well-equipped exercise physiology rehab gym, private consult rooms, semi-private (curtained) consult rooms, and open consultation space in a large rehab gym. The clinic offers a friendly, professional and supportive working environment situated in an idyllic part of Australia which makes the job of rehabilitating clients a pleasure.
Come and work in an established, well-respected practice that has been continuously running since 1982. The team consists of 8 physiotherapists (including a titled Musculoskeletal Physio and PHD student), exercise physiologists, massage therapists, Pilates class instructors, and audiologist.
The role is predominantly a MSK injury rehab caseload in a sport-oriented community with a strong emphasis on evidence-based treatment approaches, thorough assessments, manual therapy, exercise prescription, education and prevention. The case mix is varied and challenging — the clinic aims to provide effective ‘hands on’ treatment and injury prevention for clients.
The clinic has a special interest in the treatment of spinal pain and dysfunction. With back pain being the leading cause of disability globally, by joining the team you will be making a real difference to the large percentage of people in the community being disabled by back and neck pain. The Getback system is quite new in Australia (Wauchope Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab Centre is one of only 13 clinics in Australia to use the technology) however it has been used in Europe for over 20 years and is fast becoming the ‘gold standard’ in spinal rehabilitation. Getback is TGA approved and is backed up by over 20 years of evidence that shows that it is effective in treating and preventing back and neck pain. This cutting-edge technology is used to assess and diagnose specific planes of spinal weakness (spinal dynamometry and mobility dysfunction) and then to provide a path to spinal rehabilitation with supervised spinal strength training using the system. The team is contributing to ongoing research in the area of spinal rehabilitation. Training on how to use of the Getback system will be provided to the successful applicant.
In addition, the role has the opportunity of using real-time ultrasound for MSK or pelvic floor rehab and involvement with local sporting clubs. The clinic also runs a variety of rehab classes onsite including falls prevention classes, spinal rehab classes, OA hip and knee classes, Pilates classes and pulmonary rehab classes.
The Rewards (especially for the recent graduate)
1) Supported learning environment – Wauchope Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab Centre understands how important it is to have experienced mentors to guide you on the path to becoming an effective and confident clinician. That’s why they offer:
• A supported learning environment with plenty of shadowing opportunities and clinical second opinions from our experienced team – more than 120 years of combined physiotherapy clinical experience to share!
• Regular in-house tutorials/ in-services/ mentoring for junior physios.
• Above award salary package and relocation allowance (if applicable) to make the move easy.
2) Career Development – Along with providing you with a great salary, Wauchope Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab Centre can help you advance your career development. CPD is very important to the team and they offer $1,000 as an annual CPD allowance to encourage ongoing learning!
3) Supportive Workplace – Wauchope Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab Centre offers a dynamic, friendly and supportive work environment. The team supports a culture of knowledge sharing, so a guiding second opinion is never far away! So you will never feel isolated or unsupported.
4) Learn Physiotherapy Business Skills – This is the stuff they don’t teach you at uni… learn about the world of private practice physiotherapy.
Requirements of the Successful Applicant:
• Looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Physio who is genuinely keen to help others..
• Experience in musculoskeletal physiotherapy is preferred but a great attitude trumps experience! New or recent grads are welcome to apply.
• You must be a ‘people person’ in order to create good client rapport and have the ability to maintain a caseload.
• You must be able to follow evidence-based practice and possess manual therapy skills.
• You must hold current Physiotherapy Registration with AHPRA and professional indemnity insurance.
• You must have good organisational, computer and time management skills.
• Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Driver licence and vehicle is essential.
The primary clinic is situated in Wauchope and is 15 minutes from the Port Macquarie town centre and beautiful beaches of the Mid North Coast. There is a second clinic location which has recently opened in the Lakewood (Laurieton area).
How to Apply?
Click here to apply for the position.
The position is to commence in July. Please include your CV and AHPRA registration (essential) with your application.
Visit www.wauchopephysio.com.au to learn more, or call and speak to the practice manager on 02 65853411.