In March, the Mid North Coast Local Health District (MNCLHD) held a webinar to showcase a range of initiatives providing value-based care to North Coast residents. The case studies presented on the night were:
- Osteoporosis Refracture Prevention Clinic (Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour)
- High Risk Foot Service (Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour)
- The Knee and Hip Arthritis Service (Tweed Heads)
- Osteoarthritis Chronic Care Program (Hastings Macleay and Coffs Harbour)
- Direct Access Colonoscopy (Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour)
- Chronic Wound Care Project (North Coast)
“Each initiative presented on the night is an excellent example of the impact of the Leading Better Value Care Project,” said Linda Kay, Health Reforms, Opportunities & Transition Manager, MNCLHD.
“Shifting the paradigm from volume to value-driven care focuses on the things that matter to patients, clinicians and the public health system.”
The evening also highlighted relevant HealthPathways, which offer clinicians locally agreed, and up-to-date information to make the right decisions, together with patients, at the point of care.
Catch up on the webinar recording below.