Leading perinatal depression experts have developed a new resource to support GPs in the assessment and treatment of women with postnatal depression.
The Perinatal Depression e-Consortium (PDeC)* is offering the evidence-based MumMoodBooster online treatment program free to the Australian public. The program now features a customised clinician portal to help GPs better care for patients with postnatal depression.
Effective online treatment for postnatal depression
- based on best-practice cognitive-behavioural therapy
- proven effective in controlled scientific studies for clinically diagnosed cases of depression
- as effective as face-to-face cognitive behavioural therapy
- rapid reductions in symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress
- includes six interactive online treatment sessions
- SMS support and optional weekly phone coaching (for those at higher risk)
- can be accessed 24/7 from any internet-connected device
- the only e-treatment program of its kind in Australia
Clinician portal for GPs available now
Developed with GPs, for GPs, this clinician portal allows direct referral of patients to MumMoodBooster. GPs can then track their patient’s progress. Through the portal, GPs have rapid, secure login access to view their patient’s assessment results, and monitor their depression symptoms and risk status. In the event that a patient’s symptoms escalate, the patient is notified (via email) to contact her health professional (the GP also receives a copy of this risk alert email).
For more information, contact [email protected].
*The Perinatal Depression e-Consortium (PDeC) is led by the Parent-Infant Research Institute (PIRI) and funded by the Australian Government, and includes Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Australia (PANDA), Monash University, Queensland University of Technology and Jean Hailes for Women’s Health.