Healthy North Coast GP Telehealth is available for people in eligible postcodes and can provide episodic care when your regular GP is not available:
- After-hours GP appointments and advice
- Information, diagnosis and treatment
- Prescriptions sent to your local pharmacy
- Medical certificates
- Care summaries provided to patients, regular GP and My Health Record
Healthy North Coast GP Telehealth services are only offered where it is safe and clinically appropriate. In medical emergencies, call Triple Zero (000).
Free call 1800 931 158
Frequently Asked Questions
This service is designed for Mid North Coast and Northern NSW residents. See postcode eligibility checker above.
- Phone 1800 931 158.
- Provide your location details, email address, preferred appointment time and the reason for your call.
- You’ll receive an email with your appointment time and some instructions.
- The doctor will phone you at your appointment time. Please note: this call will come from a private number.
- Any urgent prescriptions can be faxed to your local pharmacy. Any certificates will be emailed to you.
- With your consent, the service will forward a summary of the call to your regular GP.
Telehealth utilises communication technology to provide health care from a distance.
Healthy North Coast GP Telehealth uses phone or video to provide a doctor consultation.
A doctor can provide you with advice, diagnosis and treatment for a range of conditions. They can also prescribe certain medications and issue medical certificates, where appropriate.
The service is not suitable for all circumstances or conditions. It cannot be used for medical emergencies or injuries.
If you require emergency assistance, call 000.
In some cases, the telehealth GP may ask you to send in a image of your condition to aid in your consultation. The phone operator will advise you at the time of your call if you need to do this, and provide the instructions on how to do so. Your consultation can also be conducted via video.