Healthy North Coast is working closely with the NSW Public Health Unit and our primary health care workforce to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and support our local communities.
If you can’t find the COVID-19 information you are looking for below, please get in touch with us using this contact form
You can also sign up to our community newsletter to receive important updates direct to your inbox.
Receive the latest local COVID-19 information via our Healthy North Coast newsletters
- Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this Australian Government Department of Health phone line if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
1800 020 080
- healthdirect helpline
Call this number to speak to a registered nurse about your health concerns. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1800 022 222
See also Mental Health Support and Support for Older People, Families and Carers below.
- Visit healthdirect for community information about COVID-19, including a:
- COVID-19 Assistance Finder (NSW financial (Centrelink), legal, employment)
- Department of Health
- NSW Health
- Therapeutic Goods Australia (COVID-19 Vaccines)
- Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service
No matter how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting your mental wellbeing, Beyond Blue has developed a range of information, strategies and expert advice to help support you.
You can call the phone support line on 1800 512 348 or chat online to a trained counsellor (available 24/7)
There is also an online community forum where you can connect with others.
- Connect to Wellbeing North Coast
Call Connect to Wellbeing to speak to someone about accessing the most appropriate services for your needs.
- Head to Health can help you find the right digital mental health resources to support you through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Crisis support
If you or someone you care for needs immediate emergency support, please call one of the numbers below:
- Visit healthdirect for COVID-19 information for older Australians.
- Dementia Australia has created COVID-19 dementia help sheets and other resources for for people living with dementia, their friends, families and carers.
- Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line provides information and support to senior Australians, their families and carers. Call Monday to Friday, except public holidays, from 8.30am to 6pm.
1800 171 866
Everybody is at risk of contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus), so you need to protect yourself and others. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people living in remote communities are at greater risk from COVID-19. Find more information and advice about protecting your community .
You can also subscribe to the latest advice on COVID-19 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
COVID-19 Vaccination Rollout
On 7 January 2021, the Prime Minister announced Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine national rollout strategy, which detailed sites and priority populations for initial vaccinations, and the phases in which vaccine doses will be made available in Australia.
Healthy North Coast is currently working with general practices to help plan for the rollout of the Government’s vaccination program across our region.
COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
General Vaccine Information:
The COVID-19 vaccine will be available to all Australians throughout 2021. Learn about how the vaccine was developed, how it works and when you might be eligible via the healthdirect website. Below are shortcut links to some of the frequently asked COVID-19 vaccine questions you can find on the healthdirect website:
About the COVID-19 vaccines
- Which COVID-19 vaccines will Australia receive?
- When will a COVID-19 vaccine be available in Australia?
- Are COVID-19 vaccines safe?
- COVID-19 vaccines – Is it true?
- ATAGI statement on AstraZeneca vaccine in response to new vaccine safety concerns
Getting the vaccination
- Why should I get vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Who will get the COVID-19 vaccine first?
- Where can I get vaccinated against COVID-19?
- What should I do before I get vaccinated?
After you get the vaccination
Local Vaccine Information:
Over 50% of accredited North Coast general practices have recently submitted an expression of interest (EOI) to be a part of the first phases of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout. The majority of general practices that have expressed interest to support the vaccination rollout strategy in our region will commence vaccination from Phase 2 onwards.
We are currently working with the Australian Government to plan for the rollout of the vaccination program across our region. We are using available data to identify which communities in our area have higher numbers of people at high risk, as well as where the most easy-to-access vaccine service locations should be set up.
We will be sharing more local COVID-19 vaccination information as the planning progresses. If you have any urgent questions that aren’t answered above, please get in touch with us today using this contact form