Healthy North Coast is working closely with the NSW Public Health Unit and our primary health care workforce to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and support our local communities.
If you can’t find the COVID-19 information you are looking for below, please get in touch with us using this contact form
You can also sign up to our community newsletter to receive important updates direct to your inbox.
To speak directly to a professional about COVID-19, call the Australian Government's National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450. Both lines operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Receive the latest local COVID-19 information via our Healthy North Coast newsletters
If you are experiencing financial difficulty or are adversely affected by a state public health order (such as a lockdown) due to COVID-19, the NSW Government and the Australian Government can provide financial assistance and support.
To view more information and apply for assistance, visit the NSW Government website.
Call service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any COVID-19 related concerns or enquiries. To speak to someone about your individual situation, call 137 788.
National Coronavirus Helpline
Call this Australian Government Department of Health phone line for information on coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
1800 020 080
- Visit healthdirect for community information about COVID-19, including a:
- COVID-19 Assistance Finder (NSW financial (Centrelink), legal, employment)
- Department of Health
- NSW Health
- Therapeutic Goods Australia (COVID-19 Vaccines)
- Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service
No matter how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting your mental wellbeing, Beyond Blue has developed a range of information, strategies and expert advice to help support you.
You can call the phone support line on 1800 512 348 or chat online to a trained counsellor (available 24/7)
There is also an online community forum where you can connect with others.
- Connect to Wellbeing North Coast
Call Connect to Wellbeing to speak to someone about accessing the most appropriate services for your needs.
- Head to Health can help you find the right digital mental health resources to support you through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The National Mental Health Commission has developed resources to help you look out for signs of pandemic fatigue, outlining steps you can take to be kind to yourself and overcome these feelings. To learn more, view the National Health’s Commission’s pandemic fatigue flyer.
If you or someone you care for needs immediate emergency support, please call one of the numbers below:
More support information and resources can be accessed via Life in Mind.
- Dementia Australia has created COVID-19 dementia help sheets and other resources for for people living with dementia, their friends, families and carers.
- Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line provides information and support to senior Australians, their families and carers. Call Monday to Friday, except public holidays, from 8:30 am to 6 pm.
1800 171 866
Everybody is at risk of contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus), so you need to protect yourself and others. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people living in remote communities are at greater risk from COVID-19. Find more information and advice about protecting your community .
You can also subscribe to the latest advice on COVID-19 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Facebook videos for the Aboriginal community
COVID-19 vaccination questions and answers
Everyone in Australia will be offered a free COVID-19 vaccine. It is important to talk to your doctor about any existing medical conditions before being vaccinated. Use the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Finder to find your nearest clinic. If you are eligible, you will be able to view vaccination locations and book your appointment.
Below are shortcut links to some of the frequently asked COVID-19 vaccine questions.
About the COVID-19 vaccines
- Which COVID-19 vaccines will Australia receive?
- When will a COVID-19 vaccine be available in Australia?
- Are COVID-19 vaccines safe?
- COVID-19 vaccines – Is it true?
- ATAGI statement on AstraZeneca vaccine in response to new vaccine safety concerns
Getting the vaccination
- Why should I get vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Who will get the COVID-19 vaccine first?
- Where can I get vaccinated against COVID-19?
- What should I do before I get vaccinated?