Care finders support vulnerable older people who would not be able to arrange services without intensive support and do not have a family member or friends who can help.
Care finder services are provided at no cost as they are fully funded through Primary Health Networks.
If someone requires care finder support, Lifetime Connect can connect them with a dedicated care finder.
Care finders can help with:
- Talking to My Aged Care on their behalf and arranging an assessment
- Attending and providing support at the assessment
- Finding and short-listing aged care providers in their area
- Completing forms and understanding aged care service agreements
- Checking-in once services are up and running to make sure everything is OK
- Solving other challenges and connecting to supports in the community, such as health, mental health, housing and homelessness, drug and alcohol services and community groups
- Homeless services only