Presented by Dr Dawn Macintyre and Jan Sky.
This workshop will take you on a brief journey with Dawn over the five years following the onset of her chronic, non-disease related pain.
After the workshop, you will be better positioned to walk alongside your clients and patients at the pace and intensity that they need and to assist them to make mind and behaviour changes to adapt to live more freely with chronic pain.
The workshop will cover:
- Insights into the psychosocial challenges people living with chronic pain face.
- Difficulties your patients and clients may experience as desperate and terrified sufferers of chronic pain
- Strategies to help to de-stigmatise non-disease related chronic pain.
- Ways as health professionals, you can challenge your own professional practices, inherent prejudices and identify many of the unintentional hurtful behaviours many pain sufferers experience from their families, friends, and health professionals
- An introduction into the use of ESI, a mind-state mapping tool that has assisted Dawn living with chronic pain. You will see how this tool addresses many other disorders as well.