Many drivers are working to reduce the length of stay for patients following knee and hip replacement, including COVID-19 and rising costs. Studies have shown that outpatient surgery is possible for around 15 per cent of patients in unselected cohorts in ‘socialised health systems’.
In this webinar, panellists will discuss the merits of the goal of day 0 discharge, how to optimise both early discharge and long-term outcomes and the potential future role for digital health in ‘rapid recovery’ pathways.
Panellists will include:
- Professor Henrik Kehlet, Professor of Perioperative Therapy, Copenhagen University
- Dr Andrew Ellis, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal North Shore Hospital
- Dr Sam Martin, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Grafton Base Hospital
- Amanda Tutty, Physiotherapy Manager, Grafton Base Hospital
- Dr Allan Tyson, Anaesthetist and Pain Specialist, Grafton Base Hospital
A/ Professor Allan Molloy, Specialist in Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital.
This event is free for AHHA members and $22 for non-members. To get your access code, email: [email protected]