Register now for this exclusive, extended webinar discussing the latest developments in the journey towards COVID-19 vaccines – for both Australia and the world.
- Gain an understanding of the current COVID-19 vaccine development landscape, clinical trials and next steps in vaccine deployment.
- Hear an overview of and update on the Oxford Vaccine Group–Astra Zeneca ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine development from Professor Andrew Pollard.
- Learn about the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation (CEPI)’s COVAX response to COVID-19 from Dr Melanie Saville.
- Hear about where we are now in Australia and internationally and realistic expectations for the next 6–12 months.
- Consider the ethical and logistical implications of global vaccine implementation, specifically approaches for the Indo-Pacific region.
There will be opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Professor Kristine Macartney, Director, NCIRS
- Professor Andrew Pollard, Professor of Paediatric Infection and Immunity, Oxford Vaccine Group, University of Oxford
- Dr Melanie Saville, Director of Vaccine Research & Development, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations
Discussion panel (speakers will be joined by):
- Professor Paul Kelly, Acting Chief Medical Officer, Australian Government Department of Health
- Dr Stephanie Williams, Australian Ambassador for Regional Health Security, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Associate Professor Christopher Blyth, Co-Chair, Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation