Working within a multidisciplinary team, providing initial intake and assessment and brief interventions of young people accessing headspace Kempsey to engage in ongoing counselling, treatment and support.
You will develop and maintain appropriate referral pathways and work with other services in the local service system to support and advocate for the young people aged 12 – 25 years and provide therapeutic intervention, group work and community awareness activities to young people and service providers as required.
Offer of fixed term and permanent roles. Senior role also available.
The Ideal Candidate
With experience in assessment, intervention and evaluation of clinical outcomes with diverse client populations, you will have a network of resources and community services. You will have experience and knowledge of psychological practice in the areas of child, adolescent and family clinical services, as well as a well-developed knowledge of diverse cultures and community needs.
You are passionate about advocating on behalf of young people, use your excellent communication skills to work collaboratively with all of your stakeholders, have a genuine appreciation for the importance of documentation, and can work independently as well as being a valued member of the team.
• Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, nursing or occupational therapy.
• A demonstrated understanding of mental health issues affecting young people and their families and carers; best practice treatment options; support services; and co-morbidities.
• Demonstrated skills and understanding in working with young people experiencing mental health issues and their families to assess strengths and needs, develop treatment plans collaboratively, and support young people to engage in services at difficult times in their lives.
• Valid NSW driver licence, senior first aid certificate, and the ability to obtain a national criminal history check and Working with Children Check.
As a part of the Samaritans team, you have access to the following great benefits:
• Progressive organisation with a focus on advocacy and social justice
• Attractive salary packaging options
• Family friendly, flexible working hours
• Fitness passport corporate gym membership
• The opportunity to work within an innovative, collaborative team environment
For enquiries, contact:
(02) 4960 7100