The Buttery is an established NFP located near Bangalow and we are looking to welcome a GP for one day a week in a newly established role. As a GP with us, you will get to actively support people through addictions rehabilitation and relapse prevention.
We offer a range of residential and outreach services to complement your work of responding to medical issues presented by participants. This will include history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate. You will be surrounded by a dedicated team that offers harm minimisation support, family support, liaison and referral, practical assistance with housing, education and employment to help our participants integrate successfully into the community.
The role operates from the residential facilities in Binna Burra and our social enterprise near Murwillumbah. Working a day at each site to minimise travel can be negotiated. There is flexibility in hours to fit around your lifestyle and no exclusivity requirement options. You can choose to work any day that suits from Monday to Friday, with no afterhours commitments.
The Buttery is looking for someone with:
1. General registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency with current authority and provider number for NSW
2. Current Medical Indemnity Insurance, current Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check
3. Sound and demonstrable knowledge of general healthcare and clinical prescribing.
4. Knowledge of the issues facing substance misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues.
5. Established networks and relationships with a range of services in the local area
6. Willingness to work at two different sites.
Opioid Treatment Accreditation (OTAC) is desirable.
Click here for a position description.
For any other queries, please contact: [email protected]
The role is budgeted to June 2021 with potential to extend.
Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above to: [email protected]
Please use each of the six selection criteria as a heading and write a brief paragraph under each one addressing it.