Quality Management System
Healthy North Coast is committed to excellence. We have a Quality Management System (QMS) that complies with the most internationally recognised and implemented quality standard – ISO 9001:2015.
Healthy North Coast achieved ISO 9001:2015 certification in July 2020 and continues to review and improve its systems and processes to ensure it continues to comply with the standard and meet the needs of our stakeholders including members of our community.
Each element of our QMS helps us to achieve our overall goals, which are to:
- meet our customer and organisational requirements by:
- identifying and prioritising the needs of people in our region and addressing identified gaps in primary health care
- building health workforce capacity and the delivery of high-quality care through working closely with general practitioners and other health professionals
- integrating health services to create a better experience for patients, encouraging better use of health resources and eliminating service duplication
- ensuring compliance with regulations and the provision of products and services in a cost-and-resource-efficient manner.
Our QMS has many benefits, enabling Healthy North Coast to:
- define, improve and manage our processes, creating better process integration
- reduce waste, prevent mistakes and rework
- instil confidence in our organisation and improve stakeholder satisfaction
- facilitate and identify training opportunities
- improve evidence for decision making
- lower organisational costs
- communicate a readiness to produce consistent results
- create a continual improvement culture