- The Winter Strategy is a joint project bringing together the Northern New South Wales Local Health District (NNSWLHD), Healthy North Coast and General Practice to better respond to the surge in healthcare demand over winter.
It is running in 2020 for its fourth successful year.
The Winter Strategy aims to support people with long term conditions to stay well and safely at home during winter. The emphasis is on:
- Priority access to General Practice
- Active engagement with patients and early intervention when health deteriorates
- Increased self-management through Sick Day Action Planning and other health coaching
- Integrated and collaborative strategies with Local Health District Chronic Disease Management teams and hospital services