Healthy North Coast is seeking to commission primary care interventions in this financial year that will improve health outcomes for people in Mid North Coast.
Commissioned funds will focus on identified gaps in health system performance across a range of factors, including age, indicative health need, location and socio-economic status.
As an initial step, Mid North Coast general practitioners are invited to a regional health system focus group. The purpose of the group is to review a recent analysis of health system usage, and to help define areas of local intervention that will improve health outcomes. It is expected that follow-up co-design will require multi-disciplinary input and involve wider representation from local health professionals.
Healthy North Coast, in collaboration with the Mid North Coast Local Health District, has analysed health need across the region by reviewing emergency data by Indigenous status, triage category, age, MDB and ICD-10 codes and location. National GP data has also been reviewed.
We are inviting Mid North Coast GPs to join a one-off focus group to:
- Review the data analysis
- Interpret the analysis based on local clinical experience
- Explore possible areas for intervention
By participating in the focus group, you will:
- Be a strong voice for general practice and primary health care more broadly.
- Attend and provide input in a 90-minute evening meeting from 6:00 – 7:30pm on Wednesday 2 December 2020, including reflections from your clinical experience.
- Be remunerated $173 per hour by Healthy North Coast for attending the meeting.
To express your interest, please fill out the form below.
For more information, please contact Kylie Jessop, Primary Health Coordinator, via [email protected] or phone 0428 235 495.