Did you know that over $30 million is spent via Medicare on imaging for shoulder pain and stiffness, and that WorkCover expenses are on top of this?
Shoulder pain is an increasingly common reason for seeking medical care in Australia. More pragmatic, functional assessment is needed.
To ensure you’re managing shoulder pain and stiffness according to the latest guidelines, the Coffs Harbour Clinical Society is hosting:
Wednesday 28 October 2020
7:00pm – 8:30pm
Join Natalie Bond (Physiotherapist), Dr Adrienne Newman (GP) and Dr Alex Jovanovic (Orthopaedic Surgeon) to explore factors that compound shoulder pain/stiffness and to upskill in evidence-based, patient-centred approaches to management.
What to Expect
- Case studies, quizzes and question time.
- A view into the impact of shoulder injury (not only on the individual but on society as a whole).
- An explanation of how to examine the injured shoulder and put in place management strategies to help return function.
- An evidence-based approach outlining when and how to image the injured shoulder.
- Information on when to use injections, when to refer and who to refer to.
By attending this workshop, you will increase confidence, knowledge and skills to:
- Document history and assess the injured shoulder.
- Use evidence-based guidelines to develop a management plan for your patient.
- Decide when and how to provide intra-articular steroid injections.
- Develop a referral pathway for your patients.
Who should attend?
All primary care professionals supporting the management of shoulder pain in the Mid North Coast region.
Certificates of attendance will be provided, and we encourage you to self-submit for CPD/PDP.
(02) 6618 5445
Clinical Societies are made up of regionally aligned groups of clinicians who meet for the purpose of education. Healthy North Coast supports each network with funding through its PHN program. Learn more here.