If there is a COVID-19 outbreak, how will you replace the hours you lose each week?
Why not consider the Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) GP Team Leader role?
The framework supports GPs to be ready for an outbreak and provides the opportunity for one GP at each RACF to work as the GP Team Leader, a remote working role whose sole purpose is communication with and on behalf of the GP team (noting that the facility will be in lockdown and GPs and other practitioners will not be visiting).
- Be the GP voice and have a seat at the outbreak response table in the RACF.
- Be a voice for your community’s older people and help keep them safe.
- Be the support person for the GP Locum, who will be sourced by Healthy North Coast for large outbreaks.
- Be part of the local clinical team (Local Health District, Public Health Unit) supporting the RACF and their staff to mitigate the risk of transmission into community.
- Experience working under the support of the Clinical Excellence Commission and senior clinical infectious diseases experts at state and Commonwealth level.
- Be part of the co-ordinated response planning occurring now and reduce stress and confusion in event of outbreak.
- Your practice will be ‘super’ ready for a community outbreak with this additional experience and knowledge.
The role is paid at a competitive hourly rate, and it is supported by regular updates from the Healthy North Coast Ageing Team with current information on outbreak preventative actions and updates.
Click images to download documents
Learn more via HealthPathways:
For a list of all localised pathways see:
Mid and North Coast Localised Pathways