Join the Port Macquarie & Hastings Clinical Society on Monday 30 May at Sails, Port Macquarie. Network with your fellow clinicians, enjoy a two-course dinner, and learn more about dementia in the Hastings area.
This clinical society event will explore the most up-to-date advice on dementia in the primary healthcare setting. Port Macquarie Geriatrician, Dr Daniel Tilley will discuss how to recognise dementia in primary care and implement a timely diagnosis, appropriate treatment and referral options.
With a patients journey with the healthcare system entailing the prescribing of many medications, Brent Skimmings from NPS MedicineWise will help us understand the anticholinergic medication burden, their impact on dementia and how we can improve their safe use in general practice.
We’ll also be given the carers perspective as we hear from a local carer of a patient with dementia and their experience navigating the development of the neurological disease. Come along to share the evening with a range of local health professionals to share your knowledge, experience and insights in dementia care.
- Explore both the importance of prescribing but also de-prescribing in people with dementia.
- Implement timely diagnosis, investigation and referral pathways.
- Discuss end of life planning with the patient and their carers.
- Gain a better understanding of the services that are offered in the Port Macquarie area.
- Facilitated by Dr Andy Williams, GP, Port Macquarie
- Dr Daniel Tilley – Geriatrician, Port Macquarie
- Brent Skimmings – Educational Visitor Lead, NPS MedicineWise
- Carers perspective from Port Macquarie
Who should attend?
GPs, practice nurses, allied health practitioners, residential aged care, community health and acute care staff.
Registrations essential, register now to secure your spot!