Many people who should be receiving support under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) are missing out. Navigating the intricacies of the NDIS can be a challenge for healthcare professionals. Don’t worry though, we’re here to help make it a little easier.
What to expect
CPD Bites is an opportunity to meet with other local health professionals, have a bite to eat, and learn bite-sized CPD. Come along to hear from local service coordinators on effective referral pathways and early childhood intervention.
You’ll gain insight into different NDIS journeys, discover who can and cannot access the NDIS, and learn about a range of practical resources to help in your efforts to support clients and patients. An open forum discussion provides a great opportunity to ask questions on navigating the NDIS.
- Improve your understanding of the NDIS for people living with disability in the Port Macquarie and Hastings region
- Determine if a patient is likely to meet the NDIS disability requirements
- Explain the role of local area coordinators and early childhood partners
- Identify effective referral pathways and options to ensure continuity of patient care.
Who should attend ?
Local service coordinators, GPs and other health care professionals who provide care to those living with disability.
- Donna Jones, ECEI Community Capacity Building Facilitator, Northcott
- Ashlee Law, ECEI Community Capacity Building Facilitator Mid North Coast, National Disability Insurance Agency
- Alley O’Rourke, Assistant Director, National Disability Insurance Agency
- Katelyn Williams, Local Area Coordinator, BlueSky Services