This 30-minute session will provide an overview of the importance of high-quality patient clinical records and practical examples of how to improve your Practice’s data quality. We will focus on quality improvement activities for the correctly recording HbA1c, blood pressure & immunisations data.
This session will aim to guide General Practice administrative and clinical staff in gaining a foundational understanding of:
- the clinical risks of poor data;
- the importance of coding clinical information to ensure quality diagnosis and medical history/observations data
- importance of medical terminology; and
- the benefits of up-to-date and accurate data within clinical software and when uploading documents to the My Health Record
- correctly recording and entering results.