Dementia is a common presentation in general practice. It is the leading cause of death in women in Australia and the second leading cause of death overall.
This webinar has been designed to provide GPs and nurses with a stepwise approach to the assessment and diagnosis of dementia in general practice. The webinar will include an interactive discussion with panellists demonstrating a person-centred approach to assessing people presenting with dementia.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage with the panel.
What you will learn:
- Identify a person who may be at risk of dementia.
- Implement a stepwise approach to taking a history from a person with possible dementia, including a collaborative history from their family/carer.
- Implement an evidence based approach to ordering investigations for a person with possible dementia.
- Integrate cognitive screening tests as part of the assessment of a person with possible dementia.
- Apply person centred care when offering a diagnosis of dementia.