Low back pain is now the leading cause of disability worldwide. Treatment of chronic spinal pain is often complicated and adoption of best practice treatment guidelines is sometimes a challenge.
This event brings together GPs, nurses, allied health professionals and Local Health District staff to:
- Discuss and strategise approaches to overcoming the practical challenges of adopting best practice guidelines for chronic spinal pain.
- Facilitate the collaborative implementation of cease-and-wean plans and other de-prescribing strategies.
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Identify alternatives to the use of opioids in the management of acute or chronic pain.
- Identify potential red and yellow flags in chronic spinal pain.
- Identify when imaging is appropriate for chronic spinal pain.
- Effective communication to reduce fear of movement and empower self-management.
5:30pm – Registration, Networking & Dinner
6:00pm – Workshop commences
8:30pm – Close