Join the Clarence Valley Clinical Society to network, have dinner and discuss the management of eating disorders.
This clinical society meeting will assist you to provide best practice care for patients with eating disorders via support from the local health district. Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills needed to understand, identify and assess eating disorders, provide medical treatment, lead the multidisciplinary team, manage MBS items, and provide ongoing recovery support. Ask questions from the panel and others in the room, get to know local supports, and better understand the local referral options available to you. Free to attend, it includes a 2-course dinner.
Facilitated by: Deanna Bowen, Northern NSW Eating Disorders Coordinator
- Natasha Mann, Senior Psychologist, Clarence Valley Community Health
- Dr James Hodges, Paediatrician, Grafton Base Hospital
- Dr Michael Fairly, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Sr Sharmini Rajenthran, Adult Psychiatrist
- Geordy Henderson, Dietician, HeadspaceThe discussion will be supported by others working in the eating disorders space and Mark McGrath, who will share some insights into carer support and his lived experience as a carer.
- Recognise and evaluate the signs, symptoms and clinical risks of the different types of eating disorders
- Strengthen your confidence to discuss non-judgemental and weight-neutral approaches and to implement an eating disorder management plan in practice
- Outline referral options and Medicare rebates available, and improve coordination of care for a person with an eating disorder with specialist services and community providers
- Enhance your understanding of the nutritional rehabilitation process and identify ways to limit the progression and improve outcomes of eating disorders.