Sydney North Health Network, together with the Northern Sydney Intellectual Disability Service, invites GPs and practice nurses, allied health professionals, pharmacists and LHD staff to this webinar on management of anxiety in children and young people with an intellectual disability.
Speakers and Panellists
Dr Yvette Vella| BAPPSC (OCC Therapy) MBBS FRACP DCH MPH
Developmental and General Paediatrician at the NSIDHS, and also works in
private practice in Sydney. She has expertise in managing complex behaviours
of concern in children and adolescents with ID and autism and works in
collaboration with schools for specific purposes in the Local Health District. Dr
Vella also has a special interest in working with children in out of home care.
Leah Ballin | BA (Psych & Ed), GradDipSci (Psych) MPsych (Ed & Dev),
Educational and developmental psychologist at NSIDHS. Leah has experience
providing psychology services across a range of settings having previously
worked as a school psychologist, in private practice, as well as with NGOs as
part of a multidisciplinary team. Leah also has particular experience in
working with children who present with autism spectrum disorder,
intellectual disability and cerebral palsy.
- Recognise signs of anxiety in children and young people with an intellectual disability
- Determine the need for appropriate targeted anxiety intervention
- Identify age appropriate referral pathways and services
- Understand the role of psychological interventions in the management of anxiety
- Assess the potential role of medication in the management of anxiety
On registering, you will receive an automated message from Zoom confirming your registration. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk folder or contact: [email protected]