Education and Networking
We are committed to building the capacity of the North Coast primary health care workforce through education and networking. CPD never looked so localised!
Healthy North Coast partners with local clinicians, local experts and training organisations to deliver high-quality face-to-face and online education. We offer regionalised CPD that enhances skills, fosters local integration, and builds relationships between clinicians for the improvement of communication between health services.
Our Health Workforce Team provides comprehensive event management support to help local clinicians educate their primary health care peers. We ensure education is:
- clinician- and evidence-based, and led by best practice
- community-based and interdisciplinary
- strategically aligned to community health issues
- equitably distributed across the region
- strengthened with allocated networking time
- aligned with up-to-date HealthPathways and referrals.
Our education and networking is aimed at all primary health care clinicians, inclusive of (but not limited to):
- General practitioners
- Allied health practitioners
- Aboriginal health practitioners
- Practice managers and clinical staff
- Residential aged care providers
For GPs: Healthy North Coast is an accredited provider of the Royal Australian College of General Practice (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) professional development programs. Healthy North Coast applies for RACGP and ACRRM continuing professional development points for events with strong GP attendance.
For nurses and allied health professionals: Healthy North Coast provides certificates of attendance (including the learning outcomes that were achieved) to participants on request. Certificates can be used to assist clinicians that self-report their continuing professional development activities.