This multidisciplinary forum will bring together experts in cardiology, obstetrics and gynaecology, midwifery, emergency medicine, nursing, oncology, general practice, community and public health. It will also hear from women directly impacted by heart disease.
Over 35 experts will present on:
- What the data tells us about heart disease in Australian women
- What does heart disease in women look like and how is it different?
- Who are the populations of women at risk?
- Vascular conditions of pregnancy and their impact on heart health of mother & child
- Psychosocial issues and their impact on women’s heart health
- Pregnancy among women with cardiac conditions
- Rheumatic Heart Disease and the impact on women
- Health system responses to gaps in knowledge and practice
- Women in Cardiology and why this is important to women’s heart health